Position Title: PHP DevOps
Type: Full Time
Location: Choice of Gold Coast (Southport) or Wellington (Upper Hutt) offices.
Package: Competitive salary
DTS is an innovative and exclusively business-focused Internet Service Provider, committed to bringing its customers the best possible online experience. We have been serving New Zealand and Australian companies and organisations since 2002.
Find out more about us at www.dtsanz.com.
We are looking for someone to join our team that looks at problems and processes in a manner that takes in technical and commercial considerations, and will look at how we can best enhance and optimise all areas of our business. You need to be keen to keep learning and researching new development design patterns, processes and technologies that can enhance operations within our business.
Your primary responsibility within DTS would be maintaining and extending a range of platforms, including our in house CRM, our traffic accounting platform, various APIs to external systems and interfacing with service provider portals.
You would contribute to daily standup meetings and look to proactively interact with other staff to gain insights into operational barriers experienced that you can address. Reporting directly to the CEO and working alongside the Network Operations Manager, you will regularly discuss strategic company goals with these colleagues and coordinate your project outcomes and timelines with their input.
If you have previously contributed to open source projects (it doesn’t matter if it’s a few line bug fixes) and are keen to show us what you’ve done, it will add a lot of value to our decision.
If you have previous experience developing in a hosting or service provider environment it would be a huge bonus.
Experience you need to be successful
- 4+ years solid experience developing object orientated libraries and applications in PHP
- Experience with a widely adopted PHP framework (preferably Laravel)
- Experience with complex database implementations (preferably MySQL)
- Good solid application lifecycle experience using source code management (preferably SVN)
- Experience integrating with APIs (REST/SOAP/XML-RPC etc)
- A self-starter with strong project management skills and the ability to communicate project timelines and delivery
- If you have experience managing a team of developers it will add a lot of value to our decision
- You must be able to write very clear documentation and have very good English
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining Linux server environments (preferably CentOS) to support our applications and business requirements
- Experience implementing, tuning and maintaining applications like Apache, PHP, MySQL
- Previous experience with VMware ESX/vSphere in a high availability environment would be preferred
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com