This position is key in providing our customers with a great experience. Being helpful, communicating clearly, and being able to both follow processes and to think on your feet will ensure you are successful in this role. In addition to addressing customer inquiries, concerns and suggestions, support engineers may work on issues brought up by other departments within the company.
Working 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, including being part of an on-call rota.
Key duties include:
- Taking 1st and 2nd level support calls from NZ and Australian clients relating to internet and IP voice services and working through faults with clients
- Provisioning client services. This relates to logical setup of services on core DTS hardware and also to the configuration of phones and routers for use at end-user locations
- Updating and maintaining existing infrastructure
- Researching technical issues
- Managing and processing customer orders
- Walking customers through solutions
- Learning about product updates and new technologies
- Daily standup meetings in line with the agile methodology
Support engineers also report defects or offer suggestions for product improvement. Through their investigations, support engineers contribute to product knowledge and help make future technical support easier.
Requirements – General
- Ability to learn quickly on the job and effectively handle support calls for both IP voice and data faults
Requirements – Technology/Skills
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in a similar role within the industry required
- knowledge of LAN/WAN Protocols
- Knowledge site-site VPN & client VPN setup (Cisco – Fortinet)
- CCNP qualified
- Linux, specifically CentOS
- Security – Juniper SRX/WatchGuard/Fortigate
- Ability to troubleshoot layer 3 issues